Jacob 7:26 "...the time passed away with us and also our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream..." 26 August 2019--Entering the MTC 18 Months later--February 2021 Hamilton New Zealand Mission Office The top picture has been my view for the past 18 months. I knew our time was done when the background picture on my computer changed. Our replacements came 3 weeks ago. We have been training them and it's time for them to take over. Lesson learned #1: The Lord doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies those he calls. We had a desire to serve and the Lord needs people who are willing to serve. We know we are replaceable and we certainly are not perfect. But we feel peaceful about how we have served and what we have learned the last 18 months. So grateful we had the opportunity to serve in this capacity for a few seasons. Dwight woke up from a dream he had the other night, and said, "I had the strangest dream. I was reading a book and was just fi...
Popular posts from this blog
11 March 2020
CORONOVIRUS, LOOTERS, AND NO TP Each morning we wake up and count our blessings. There seems to be quite a bit of unrest in the world these past few weeks. While we were in the MTC we met a couple from Missouri and became instant friends. We trained with them in the MTC for two weeks for our current callings of Office Specialists in different missions. They flew out to Korea, we flew to New Zealand. Last Wednesday, they flew back to the United States after 6 months out and they were called home. All missionaries that did not live in Korea were sent to other missions or home. There are only 15 missionaries left to man their mission. They taught the young missionaries how to handle the affairs of the office. They will be in isolation for 14 days and then reassigned to another mission when their tests come back that they are well. I can't imagine leaving our mission right now. Not knowing what the future is going to hold, everything is up in the air. I am so grateful...
26 August 2020
ONE YEAR! I can't believe we have been out for ONE YEAR! As we were driving around New Zealand the other day, Elder Clayton turned to me and said, "I'm really concerned." I asked him about what. He told me that if he were asked to give a homecoming talk post mission, he wouldn't have anything to say, as he has not found anyone to teach the Gospel too. Of course the first thing I did was reassure him that he need not worry about speaking to a church congregation about our mission because: A. Covid will probably will still be directing the course of our lives and there will be no large church gatherings. B. We don't have a home ward, because we don't have a home. C. And if we did have a home, we dont' have a car to drive to it from whatever airport we land in... after 14 days of isolation. Then I cuffed his shoulder and said, "What are you talking about?" We then proceeded to recap our year in New Zealand. Three hours later he told me to re...




Eliese here. "I can't believe I haven't found this fun thing earlier in my life." I laughed so hard I barely made it to the bathroom. ROTFLOL. I know you said it tongue in cheek but still.....
ReplyDeleteYour hair looks great around that beautiful face!!!
ReplyDelete